aerial view of massachussets coast with a lot of boats dartmouth ma

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is an independent insurance agency?

    We can offer various carriers and insurance products as an independent insurance agency. By having multiple companies, we put the client’s best interest first by finding the best coverage at the best price.

  • What kind of insurance companies does an independent insurance agent write with?

    Independent insurance agencies work with multiple carriers or companies. Here are a few that Southcoast Insurance Group works with:

    • Travelers
    • Safety
    • Plymouth rock
    • Safeco
    • Hartford
    • Liberty Mutual
    • Progressive
  • Who does the independent insurance agent work for?

    We work for the client! Because we have multiple company relationships, we can find the best company for the client’s unique situation at the best price. By understanding your situation we are able to give you recommendations with the coverages you need. We aim to find you the most affordable insurance options year after year.

  • What insurance do you specialize in?

    Southcoast Insurance Group is a versatile agency specializing in personal insurance (auto, home, life, and umbrella) and business insurance (general liability, business owner policies, and workers’ compensation).

  • What is liability coverage?

    This type of coverage protects from damages to people and or property. The insurance companies will only pay to the limits of liability you carry, so ensuring you have sufficient coverage is a must. There are two types; personal and business liability.

  • How do I know how much my policy should cover?

    By working with a trusted insurance professional, they will review your unique situation and offer guidance to find the best coverage. Your life stage and assets are significant factors when evaluating your policy coverage. We always want to ensure we have enough coverage to protect someone adequately.

  • What kind of insurance do I need?

    Being based in Massachusetts requires anyone with a registered motor vehicle to carry auto insurance. The required limits are shallow, meaning we recommend better coverage than the state minimums. Most homeowners with a mortgage will need home insurance coverage in at least the loan amount. Many landlords will require their tenants have renters insurance.

  • Will you compare quotes from different providers?

    Yes! Due to having multiple carrier relationships, we can utilize competitive quoting software to help us find the best coverage at the best price.

  • What is the best way to contact you?

    You can send us an email at or give us a call at (508) 858-0593. Or, fill out of online quote request by clicking here!

  • How will I be billed for my premiums?

    Most companies have multiple payment options, including; EFT, pay-by-mail, and monthly or quarterly options. The flexibility is there for you to decide which option best fits your needs.

  • What hours do you work?

    Our physical locations are open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but we are available by phone or email 24/7/365.